Business and accountancy advice that makes a real difference
St Ethelbert House
St Ethelbert House was built in the 1880’s as a genteel Victorian residence. The building was acquired by the cider makers H P Bulmer Limited in the 20th century and was used as their directors’ offices. Bulmers moved out in 1987 and since then has been occupied by various local businesses before Young & Co moved there in March 2021.
The property is named after St Ethelbert the King who is one of the patron saints of Hereford Catherdral. You will find more information about his life and death at Æthelberht II of East Anglia – Wikipedia.
History of our office
Initially established in 1984 by founder, Andrew Young, at his home, the practice grew at an incredible pace and Andrew moved to Franklin House. New Partners joined in 1991 and 1993. After continued expansion, the practice outgrew its offices and moved to the old Lloyds Chemist shop on the corner of Commercial Street and Bath Street, where the partners won a conservation award for the work they undertook converting the empty run-down premises. The practice continued to grow and moved again in 2002 to offices at Bewell House. In March 2021 the practice seized the opportunity to purchase St Ethelbert House.